Friday, August 29, 2008

"Mini Vacation" ... i think



Today was a very long, but productive day. I had the day off. I get to enjoy the long Labor Day weekend. I actually do not have to go back to work until Wed. A much needed "mini" vacation. Even if I don't go anywhere I will enjoy my time off. I have recently read a ton of good books. I just got done reading two books in two days. Yes my thoughts exactly. The author is Emily Griffin. (must be the first name) She's a great writer. The first book is called Something Borrowed. From the very first chapter it captures you and sucks you in. I couldn't put it down. My boss let me borrow it from her. I read it in one night. At the end of the book it gives you the first chapter and a half of the follow up book called Something Blue. Well after reading that I HAD to have it! So after work yesterday I marched to the Walden books in the mall and grabbed it. Went home and started to watch the Packer game, and then began to read it. Couldn't put it down. By 930 I almost had it done. I had about 2 chapters left, but I was exhausted. I went to bed. (Maybe I was tired since the night before I was up until almost 11 reading the first book) So this morning when I woke up, before Emilee, I finished the last two chapters. It was excellent. I have an issue when it comes to reading books. If its great I must keep reading, ignoring everyone around. It's bad but I cannot help it! Anyway yesterday was the Packer game, Emilee had her Brett jersey on and demanded her "hair band" ... so I took a few snap photos of her. She's just too cute at times. Today, the girls went and saw The Bunny House and said it was good. I was gonna go but opted to go to the gym instead and get some things done for Teresa's Birthday Party on Sunday. I ran around, had to exchange Andy's shorts, went to the grocery store twice. Did some laundry and then of course pick up the girls from the movie and then get my little Emilee. I got her early today so she was a little confused but excited.

I will be taking pictures of the party on Sunday, I hope everyone has a great labor day and great long weekend.


Thanks for checking in...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW I can't wait to see her :) She is getting so big its crazy!!! I seriously think she looks alot like jacqueline. See you soon, oh tanner is coming too!!

Betty F said...

SHE IS SO CUTE! WHAT a doll. Glad you're getting some time off!