Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend




This weekend we had a long 3 day weekend, actually Andy & I had Friday off as well as Monday, and well I am thankful that it was nice weekend, I am even more thank full that school starts tomorrow, Andy goes to work and I have the day off. I think I deserve it.
Anyway, Sunday we did celebrate Teresa's 14th birthday, she will turn 14 on Wed which is the 3rd. Let me tell you, the next few years I'm gonna need help. LOL.. The party was fun, the neighbors were over, she invited a few friends, the grandparents came over and so did cousin Jill. We had a BBQ and then had cake and ice cream. As they get older I think the parties will dwindle down but I'm hoping they still have a special day. I don't remember too many birthday parties growing up. Mostly family coming over which I know I looked forward to. But as I turned into a teenager I do not remember much.


It had a few "dramatic" moments as any teenager of course has at this age, right? But over all everyone had a good time and it went over well. They of course had a water fight, started off nice w/just some water balloons but soon escalated to the hose and of course Andy & Paul getting involved. Need I say any more?
Today is Monday and we are laying low getting ready for the big day tomorrow, I think.. wait I know we are all ready and needing for the summer to officially end and school to begin.

(I know I am)

Thanks for checking in and I hope everyone had a great weekend!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that we missed the fun...looks like you all had a great time. Happy Birthday to Teresa.

Anonymous said...

You can tell teresa that I will be thinking of her on her birthday as that is the same day mine is!! I will have a shot of seven up for her!! ha ha... Looks like a lot of fun and sure makes me miss Home so much. Good luck on the girls first day of school and we will see you in a few weeks!!

Betty F said...

Looks like a great day! everyone having fun! Can't wait to get the photos myself! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Teresa - looks like you had a great happy day - I feel bad that I was not there - I will bring your gifts and we will have lunch together at the place of your choice - seems like everyone had fun!! See you in 25 days!! Love - Grandma Cathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Teresa!!! Looks like lots of fun, miss you guys!