Sunday, September 21, 2008

Is This "Next Year?"

For many years, being a Cubs fan has always ended by saying, there is always next year. The last oh I don't know, ten years or heck 100 years! It's been up and down. We've had good players, pitchers, managers come and go.. the Sammy Sosa era, thought we may just get there, but no it didn't happen. Oh so close, but not close enough. Why people choose to become a Cubs fan, well its the best, its so much fun to watch, to go to the game, to be at the stadium. Heck, I went there on my honeymoon! Just to be in the atmosphere is fun. The fans are great. Its pretty much like being in Green Bay, good people, good environment. I cannot explain it. Anyway, last year the Cubs were in this spot, they clinched their division. Well yesterday they did it again. I was happy they did. In the back of my mind of course I'm thinking can they do it? Is THIS next year? Can they make it passed the first round. Last year they did not. The Boston Red Sox hadn't won a World Series in many many years as the Cubs have not in lets just say a LONG time. I will be watching, I will be praying, I will be drinking (lol). I am hoping that they make it to the World Series and this is what I want to see after the game.....



thanks for checking in....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother here - michael busy watching the race but i read he blog to him about the Cubs -he says he hopes they go all the way!!!! Drink some for both of us - love mother and Michael

Betty F said...

Hope they win! We can watch the playoffs while I'm there; RIGHT?
can't wait