Sunday, September 14, 2008

83 Years Young


This is my grandpa. He just turned 83 years old. (Doesn't he look great?) I have great memories of my grandpa growing up. The great thing about both my grandparents is that they have always been there for their kids and grandchildren. They have known each other since grade school. In a few weeks they are going to be celebrating 60years together. Well 60yrs of being married anyway. Thats just crazy to me. But also very cool. Today was Sunday, it was cloudy, little rain on and off, a little chilly outside. We went to my aunt Sue's house for his party and also watched the Packer game. In case you don't know they played the Lions and did win. Lucky for them, the defense once again pulled it off in the end. It was a crazy game. I'm still not convinced how good we are but we did win and thats that. Anyway, the party was alot of fun, my grandpa had a good time and it was nice just to be around family. The picture above is him opening the card I picked out from us. Its one of those "big" cards that play music. You can kinda see the front, it say A LONG LONG TIME AGO... (kinda like on star wars) and when u open it its says,
You were born! and it plays the theme song to Star Wars. It was funny, he cracked up.. that was my goal. I love to see my grandparents laugh. When I was younger and played softball, that was my world. Was my passion, was my favorite thing to do. Whether we won or not. And my grandpa was always at my games, video-taping or taking pictures. They both acted proud, whether I was doing well or not. I'll never forget those memories. I'm thankful that they are both doing great health wise and are here. Can't wait for their party in a few weeks. I hope they smile that day also.

Here are a few shots of everyone having a good time.

Thanks for checking in...


Me and my Grandma w/our wine!


Emilee outside (of course)


Little Musician



Andy play catch w/Ty

I got it! I got it!

Emilee & Teresa eating candy corn


Emilee eating a Popsicle on Jacqueline


Aunt Sue and Grandma popping open the Wine!!

4 comments:

Betty F said...

JULEE, THIS is an awesome post! NOW it's ok that you moved to Green Bay! Crying now

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel in your post there about your grandparents!! That was a very awesome post. I am looking forward to sharing in your grandparents very special day! They are very lucky to have such a wonderful family as yours who appreciates them immensely!!
See ya in a couple of weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the picture of everyone - miss my folks so much - if I had my druthers I would be there and I see that my Miss Emilee stands on the chair as I taught her...:) - love Sue's little head - brought back memories - everyone seems to have so much fun there - lots of family - love Mother O'Neil

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to go to Wisconsin! These pictures defenitly make me miss gb, you guys all look so happy to be there! Happy birthday to grandpa!