Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day & updates....

Hello everyone. Hope all is well with you all. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
The weather here has been fantastic the last few days! I believe we topped at 67 or something today. Snow is pretty much gone at our house, a few piles here and there but Spring as definitely sprung! The girls are on Spring Break next week, so Jacqueline will be flying out Saturday and returning the following. Andy and I will be driving her to the airport since she is flying out of an airport I've never been to. Anyway, she will have fun for sure and enjoy some 80's and 90 degree weather. I can wait for that, I'm good with what we have.
Andy has been busy at his new job. It's ALOT of work, different work, but it's alot. He works in Appleton so he doesn't get home until late most nights.
Emilee is doing MUCH better. Last week she had walking pneumonia. So we really didn't go out much this weekend but her cough is is finally going away and she's on the road to recovery.
Last week my friend Betsy and I started a cake decorating class. I have always wanted to know how to properly frost a cake and do cool little things. So she talked me into going, well she really didn't have to talk me into it, so last Tuesday was our first class. Luckily for me, the teacher of the class is a lady I work with at my job. So yeah that's nice! Last week, we just basically learned all the different tools and was shown on to "level or tort" a cake. So our homework was to bake a cake, make the frosting and bring it to class. So today we brought our cakes and frosting and well.. needless to say I'm not posting my picture..lol. We didn't make enough frosting and my cake well I didn't freeze it so it was all crumbly. We were making a rainbow cake and I have to say I did really well w/the rainbow but again, their wasn't enough frosting to go around. But needless to say I had fun. I learned and practiced how to make stars, clouds and to write. Next week I will be MORE prepared and ready to frost. I will hopefully show you those pictures!!
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and thanks for checking in...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where is the picture of the cake? LOL 86 today.

Julee Marie Photography said...

yeah, no pic of the cake, sorry.. lol next week there will be!!

Betty F said...

I'm missing the picture! how can we measure your progress!!! LOL I'm glad you're taking that class. It sounds like a lot of fun