Sunday, November 23, 2008

Migranes, Cancer & MS

This week has been very busy. Work has been busy, which is a good thing. However, it's been very stressful. Life is stressful, especially these days in the world we live. I try to find balance in everything but sometimes I'm overwhelmed. Anyone else feel that way ever?
I suffer from migraines and I haven't been having too many of them, but yesterday I had a big one. I thew up at the restaurant and left work cuz there was no way I could work. Not a good way to serve your customers! I came home and i was in bed very early. Last week my mom who had breast cancer 2 years ago and has been doing so well got a call from her doctor that one of her routine mammograms came back with something on it. She went in and had an ultrasound and well she has to have a biopsy Wed to see if the cancer is back or not. We all hope and pray its not. I don't want her to go through all of that again. Hopefully its just blocked tissue or something. I try not to worry until there is something to worry about. Our family is strong, my mom is strong and we'll get through this. I hate being so far away but she knows we are all thinking of her. My aunt was diagnosed, my moms sister, with breast cancer this past year so this all needs to stop. I can't imagine what she's going through but she's strong and well we'll just wait and see.
My friend Betty also was in the hospital this weekend due to her MS. She's feeling better now, she had to be hooked up to an IV and fed steroids but I hope she's up and back home soon to spend Thanksgiving with her family.
I hope everyone is doing well and Emilee was outside even with the cold weather, playing, wanting to mow the grass.. dead grass, but grass no less.. here are a few pictures, along with some from when she got her new boots and didn't want to take them off while wearing her robe.

Thanks for checking in..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your week. I'll say some prayers for your Mom and Betty. Hope your migraine is better too. I know how awful those can be. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of my Emilee brought tears to my eyes - happy tears but I miss her so much - I miss my daughter more than she will ever know - we all need to be healthy for this next year - have learned that if you have your health and family nothing else really matters - everything else is gravy... thanks for the kind and special words Julee - wish I was there to hug you - and I pray those headaches go away - I had those years ago and they are horrible - love to all - Mother

Betty F said...

Julee! Your migranes MUST go away! Cathy, I sent you an e-mail but worry it went to your work e-mail. Hope the test went ok and that the results are good. You're in my prayers. I'm out of the hospital; even survived the heart stress test! :) Still a little brain dead but I don't need to do anything but sit and eat.
Love my Bonnville Family! Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl..I, like always, will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I think our new year resolution should be for health, happiness and prosperity.. what do you think? Both your mom and you Aunt are very strong women, I admire them for that and I know with strength, family and love they will get thru this. :)