Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vacation Over

It's been quite a week or so. My grandparents had their 60th wedding anniversary on the 27th of Sept and some family as I stated before flew in for it. As well as my dear friend Betty. The party came and went so fast. It was great though. Everything was awesome. My grandparents were so happy and we all had a great time! Couldn't have asked for anything better. The final dvd slide show turned out awesome, thanks to Betty. Made everyone tear up, which was good. Good tears are always great.

There were a few low points. As you all know the Cubs did lose in the first round of the playoffs. And when I say lose I mean they LOST. Swept by the Dodgers. Go figure. Curse? I think not. Poor baseball playing is what I call it. But I'm not gonna go on about it because I'm tired of talking about it. :-) And then the Packers lost, again. Too many injured players, poor tackling, i could go on but I won't. I still have fun though.

However the weather was great while the family was here.I was so glad that Betty was able to experience a true "autumn" in Wisconsin. The leaves are starting to turn colors, the weather was in the 60's or 70's and the low even got down to 33 one morning. Woke up to frost a few mornings. She visited Lambeau Field. Took the tour, got to walk out onto the field. Nothing more exciting other than going to an actual game. No fault to her own she left today, the day of a packer game, but she got to experience what tailgating is here, and well i think she enjoyed it. How can you not. I know she was glad to get home to her family and hopefully she will again visit one day. I'm not sure she could handle a winter here, people do it all the time, I love it. When you live in a warmer climate and don't experience snow your whole live I think it would be a big shock. I will miss her.

Another great thing that happened is Emilee turned 2. Can't believe it's been 2yrs but boy time flies by fast. Her party was great. All the family was here. Grandma Cathy was still in town and then Great Grandma/pa also came. Uncle Tony from AZ didn't plan so well either, he left the day of her party but she still says uncle tony every now and then, its really cute. Aunt Liz from AZ was also still here and was able to attend. Aunt Sue was able to stop over and it was nice to see her doing and feeling well.
Anyway I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming out and having a great time at both parties. We already miss everyone back in AZ. Here are some pictures below from the last week and a half.. some i took, some betty took, enjoy!

Thanks for checking in..




4 comments:

Betty F said...

Oh Julee I miss you! It's good to be home but I sure miss you all. Had a WONDERFUL time and will spend time today working on all the photos. AND making Ricky jealous about the TailGate Party. EVERYONE needs to experience at Least ONE Packer Pre Game Tailgate Party.. The whole Town does it

Anonymous said...

The party turned out AWESOME for your grandparents and it was a fun time watching them and your family reminise(?) about the old days! You and Betty did an awesome job on the slide show, it even brought tears to my eyes and I wasn't even sure I knew everyone..LOL
Thanks for letting me share in that special time with you guys. It was fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I was back with my granddaughters - it was a wonderful party and everyone had a great time and so special for my folks = you and Betty took great pictures and i love you all and miss you all - love Mother

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics and your comments. I really really had a great time when I was there and hated to leave. the anniversary dvd was great and i cant wait to get my copy. it brought tears to my eyes especially from the songs. the packers didnt win when i went to the game but i had a great time w/mike, dad and jill. I just want to let you know that I love and miss my family in wisconsin.
love Aunt Liz