Sunday, July 13, 2008

Will HE? Won't HE?


Ok, for me I have my own opinion obviously about this whole Brett Favre thing. Living here in Green Bay is AWESOME when it comes to the Packers. But when things like this are going on it can get crazy. Since Friday you turn on the TV and all you hear is Brett this and Ted Thompson that and Packer Fans this and Aaron Rodgers that. It's enough to drive you mad!
Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a HUGE Packer fan. Through the good and the bad. Now yes Brett has been GREAT for the entire time he has been w/the Packers. I was not ready for him to retire. After this season I really thought he was going to come back for another year, at least one more. When the news came out that he was retiring, it was like Death came over the city. After a few days I started to let it go and think, ok we just have to focus on the future. Nothing we can do, he's done. As SAD as that was its what we had to do. And thats what the Packers had to do also. I'm sure in the back of their minds as well as me and other fans, we thought maybe he'll change his mind. After his appearance on David Letterman in April I was like, whats he saying? The last few years he's been contimplating retirement every season and every time we have to wait. He deserves that, i give him that. But seriously? Now he wants to come back with a few short weeks left before training camp? I know some fans are like YES bring him back, Rodgers your out.. but I know you cant just do that, even for Brett, well maybe you can. Its a catch 22. For me, I would LOVE to see him play again with Green Bay. I would hate to see him go play for (dare I say) the Bears, or the Vikings or any team for that matter. I dont think Brett would want to either. I saw Brett play his last game. It was a VERY COLD day in Green Bay. But I was there. I wouldnt trade it for the world. Whatever happens you can count on me being there watching, listening and praying it all works out.

Thanks for checking in...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand where your coming from and your feelings and all. I like you, am a HUGE fan as well, as you know. I am torn as well and I find myself as tired as I am, still tuning in to Sports Center and NFL network and oddly enough our own local news network as they seem to be talking about it down here as well. I love Brett just like the next fan and would be thrilled to see him come back and maybe lead us to Superbowl this year. I also though, want to see what Rodgers can do and if he has what it takes. After that announcement on that dark day in March about Brett's retirement, I had my mourning period like everyone and then picked myself up and moved forward with everyone. I would hate to see him go elsewhere, especially within our division, however I understand his need and desire to play. I hope that the drama comes to an end soon, but at the same time I hope that both the Packers organization and Brett come to a solution so that this saga comes to end soon. The players need to focus on the game and not the controversy. I guess all we can do is sit back and wait for the ride to stop.

Betty F said...

Oh Julee, I've been thinking about you every time I hear about Brett coming back. Saw the protesters on the news this morning... calling for his return.. All I can say is.. Life must be a s..t sandwich for Rogers right now.. Poor guy, all he did was get drafted.
Love you

Julee Marie Photography said...

Well all I can say is enough is enough, figure it out and move on.. lol. :-)

Anonymous said...

what can I say - I saw let Brett come back - they will not succeed this year with the other guy - no way - and I certainly wish they had a manual for raising kids and being married - but each circumstance is different - you just need a sense of humor and take it one day at a time - love to my family in Green Bay - miss all of your but see you in September - love - Mother