Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday & the Oscars!


Hello everyone! Today was a nice Sunday! We had some blowing winds with 5 inches of snow yesterday :-( ... so today's sunny skies and warmer weather was nice. Snow is melting. The neighbor across the way let Andy use the snow blower so that was very kind.
I worked out today and then went grocery shopping with Emilee. Our ritual! Then we both napped for a little bit. (always nice)

Now tonight is the Oscars. I'm not usually a BIG Oscar watcher. However this year I will be watching. I'm fascinated by alot of movies and hype this year I guess. I do enjoy seeing what people wear I must admit. I love Kate Winslet, and even though I haven't been able to see the two movies she's been in, I will once they are on DVD! I want to see Jennifer Aniston walk the Red Carpet with John Mayer, hopefully. I'm NOT a fan of Brad and Angelina. LOL. Anyway the big story I suppose is that of Heath Ledger. I always always liked him, as an actor. Not too shabby on the eyes either.. :-) Now I know that they keep saying oh they will give it to him because of his Death, but I disagree. I really think he would get the Oscar if he was alive. I never was a fan of any Batman movies, and usually those kinds of movies, and comedies.. the Big Blockbusters that everyone goes to see never get nominated. And again The Dark Night was snubbed. Except Heath. I personally think he should have won the Oscar for Brokeback Mountain but who am I? I think it will be great to see his family up there accepting the award for him. I'll be rooting for him.

Anyway hope everyone else had a great Sunday and if you are watching the Oscars ... enjoy! Here are a few pics also of Emilee this morning wanting to put mommies boots on to go shovel.

Thanks for taking time to check in..


Julee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those pictures of my Emilee are just precious - what a sweetie - want to hug and kiss her so much - snow? icky - we are here going to have weather in the 80's - love to all and give hugs and kisses to all the girls - love the blogs Julee -you are good at that - enjoy your "warm" day - love - Mother

Anonymous said...

Cute. Need to see Miss J and Miss T more. Do not be camera shy. Have a great day! LOL Aunt Jennifer

Betty F said...

I'm glad he won! Emilee is so cute; I can see her getting those boots to go help!