Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kids say the funniest things!


OK so those who have kids or been around kids for that matter know what I am talking about. We have 2 girls that are going to be in the ninth grade this fall. (Tell me about it.. and thanks for your sympathy in advance) Now we also have a 2 1/2 year old that is wiser than her years. I don't remember being able to sing the ABC's at this age but its awfully cute to listen to her sing the whole song and then DEMAND that I sing along next time. For this cute little girl who tells us she's going to "time out", life is pretty interesting in our household. Having 2 adults and 2 teenage girls in the house, she picks up on ALOT of stuff. Kids repeat things so you have to careful but it is hard for anyone, mostly me, I will admit. I try not to have her go in the bathroom with me anymore when I shower or anything for that matter because of the looks she gives and questions she asks. She told me a few weeks ago that I do not have a "penis" because only boys do. (she has heard this term used next door since Jake is a boy and she has watched Jake get his diaper changed) I told her "yes" you are correct .. when she keeps saying that word over and over again its like ok stop now. Yes you are right now shhh.. When she goes straight to Andy and loudly tells him that he has one .. well its funny. Or when she points :-) Aww I laugh. She'll make faces with her comments and I think that's what makes you want to laugh. Other things that she will do is not so nice. When she gets upset or mad or when she's just being herself she will tell you how it is. Or she wants you to do it. She'll point with her finger and oh its just so great. The other day I told her to go upstairs so Teresa could give her a bath. And she was like "NO, I want my DAD TO DO IT.... Seriously"! Ahhh.. yes she said seriously.. now Andy says that alot so I know where she got that.. I almost died laughing. I had gotten her a beach ball for her pool since hers blew away one windy day. Anyway I picked her up from the sitters and I got her in the car and I said I have something for you.. She was all excited and said "What you get for me"? (oh and I also got her these little Frisbee things for the pool that have Mickey Mouse and Goofy on them ect) I opened the bag and gave it to her and she said.. "Oh my God, thank you mommy". Now come on? That is cute. OMG! LOL. Hilarious! She will say "Oh my GAWD" and I don't know it's so cute. I know alot of kids say such cute things but I wish she'd stay young like this. When she's asked "Why" to everything or "What you talking about"? I don't know it melts your heart. Needless to say she keeps us on our toes!


Thanks for taking time to read my blog!


Basically it's just funny to hear this little girl talk like she's older in her years than she is and I wish she would stop!


4 comments:

michelle said...

I my wito em!!

Erica D said...

I so feel where you are coming from..LOL That's all the boys do..constantly asking why why why...or How come?? LOL
It is cute...:)

Anonymous said...

TOO FLIPPIN FUNNY

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical Julee! Seriously!!!!
I'm feeling better and I'm going to see Jacqueline and your mom today!